Tuesday, January 1, 2013

About me

Hello.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Melissa but my close family and friends call me Mimi (I look NOTHING like that other Mimi you are thinking of. Except for the blonde hair.). I am 41and have two grown sons (20 and 21 yrs old) as well as a daughter that will be six in the spring.I have a great husband that puts up with all of my shenanigans and gives me everything I want. Which has spoiled me, I suppose, in that I am used to getting what I want usually when I ask for it. No waiting. More on this later. My Mother and sister live with us and this leads to other wacky insane issues. More on this later as well.
I have had several different jobs but currently I am an office manager for a small quilting shop in a little town 10 minutes from home. It's part time and I am learning about quilting which has been on my bucket list for awhile. I also am a professional photographer that specializes in wedding and boudoir photography. So as you can guess I take a LOT of photos! Great for me, not so fun for my guinea pig family. : )
I had a missed miscarriage in Aug 2011 (I will write a separate post on this later) and developed a Blythe and Basaak doll problem. I fell in love with big eyed dolls and several big dollars later filled the new baby-to-be's room with dollies. I custom them and photograph them. In case you didn't know there is a giant following for this kind of thing. Just google Blythe and you will see what I'm talking about! I dare you not to fall for them.
Less than 2 weeks ago, just before Christmas, I found out I am pregnant at 41! This is a story of it's own and will be in another post so stay "tuned".

No comments:

Post a Comment